- New York University, B.A., summa cum laude, 2017
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2022
- 2023, New York
Rose H. Vacanti Gilroy
Ms. Vacanti Gilroy is an associate in the Fertility Law and Matrimonial and Family Law groupsIn addition to matrimonial and family law, Ms. Vacanti Gilroy’s practice focuses on the fast evolving area of reproductive family law. Ms. Vacanti Gilroy assists clients in matters ranging from surrogacy and donor arrangements to establishing parentage.
During law school Ms. Vacanti Gilroy served as the Senior Notes Editor of The Georgetown Journal of Gender and the Law, as a law clerk intern for the Honorable Deborah J. Israel of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia, and as a student attorney in the Domestic Violence Clinic.
BAR ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIPS
- American Bar Association, Assisted Reproductive Technology Committee
- LGBT Bar Association of New York
- Women’s Bar Association of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- The Law of Assisted Reproductive Technologies: Imposing Heteronormative Family Structures onto Queer Families, Tulane Journal of Law and Sexuality, 2022
- Wombs for Rent or Bodily Autonomy? Feminist Ambivalence Towards Assisted Reproduction, The Georgetown Journal of Gender and the Law, 2022
- The Law of Assisted Reproductive Technologies for LGBTQ+ Parents: A Recognition Regime of Family Law Built in Opposition to the Regulatory Regime, Berkeley Journal of Gender, Law, and Justice, 2023.