- New York Law School, J.D., 2011
- Baruch-Zicklin School of Business, M.B.A., 2003
- Baylor University, B.A., 1992
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
Ms. Sundt represents individuals in a wide variety of matrimonial and family law matters negotiating and resolving conflicts with the drafting of prenuptial, postnuptial, separation agreements and custody agreements.Ms. Sundt is also an experienced trial attorney, having tried cases on issues of distribution of assets, spousal support, child custody and access, relocation, child support and standing issues related to parental rights. Ms. Sundt has also perfected several successful appeals.
In 2018, the LGBT Bar Association of New York awarded the Pro Bono Excellence Award with special recognition to Ms. Sundt for successfully acquiring parenting rights for a non-biological same sex parent after trial.
Ms. Sundt was selected to Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" for years 2020, 2021 and 2022.
Ms. Sundt obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in history from Baylor University, a Master's in Business Administration from Baruch College's Zicklin School of Business and a Juris Doctorate from New York Law School.
During law school, Ms. Sundt was a law clerk intern for the Hon. Ellen F. Gesmer. Upon graduation, she worked as a court attorney for the Hon. Laura E. Drager of Supreme Court, New York County during which time Ms. Sundt drafted more than 35 decisions for the Court, including a Decision of Interest published in the New York Law Journal on May 4, 2014.
Since 2014, Ms. Sundt has practiced exclusively in the area of matrimonial and family law, co-chaired family law committees and lectures regularly on issues of family law. She also serves as an Adjunct Law Professor at New York Law School.
Ms. Sundt resides in Texas and New York.
- Texas State Bar
- Houston Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York (WBASNY)
- Co-Chair of the WBASNY Family Law Committee, 2019 to 2022
- New York Women’s Bar Association (NYWBA)
- Co-Chair of the NYWBA Matrimonial Committee, 2016- 2019
- New York State Bar Association
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC), NY Chapter